Monday 14 March 2011

Manuel la llama


Anyone who knows me through flickr may have already seen my llama on there, and his flickr name is Miguel. However, he has now been given to his rightful owner and his name is Manuel. "You'll have to forgive him, he's from Barcelona". I'm sure the English amongst you recognise the quote :D

Manuel is going to Norway with his new owner, Maria. I'm very sad that Maria is leaving. She has worked alongside me for the past six months and we shared so much. We had lots of fun, and some serious times too, and there's going to be a big empty space in my life now that she's gone. On the other hand, I'm happy for her that she's going back to her family, and Maria, if you're reading this, I'm counting on you to come back very soon.

To make Manuel I used the same basic pattern as I used for the blue stripy giraffe:

Spot the similar legs and arms, and body shape? However, Manuel's head is a different shape and the ears are different, of course. Well they would be for a llama, wouldn't they? I also used hairy yarn for the body, for the top parts of the arms and legs, and for the back of Manuel's head.

I'm sorry I haven't yet had time to write up the pattern, but I'll do it eventually, I promise!

So that's one item off my list. I've also finished one of my felt owls and I've done some more work on llama-worm, so things are chugging along nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment