Wednesday 14 September 2011

Carrots are good for your lips

Sorry I've not been blogging for a while. The Move is taking up an awful lot of my time and energy. We've started to move our stuff over to the new flat, so there's lots of Dismantling Furniture and Putting Things in Boxes going on.

Our old flat is gradually getting emptier. I'm going to miss it.

On a brighter note, look at these!



While I was in England my sister asked me if I could make her two lip balm holders that were nice and bright so she wouldn't lose them easily, and with something to attach them to her bags.

I'm gradually making my way through the remains of my Catania yarn stash, and I had just enough orange left to make a bea-u-ti-ful carrot lipbalm holder.  I reckoned that was already silly enough, so I made the other one a bit more conservative. I hope she'll like them.

You may have noticed a new little link up there on the top of the blog, to the right. I have given up on my online shop, to which there was no reaction, and instead I've started a blog in French, the language of the country I've lived in for more than half my life. It's still just in its early stages, with only two posts, but it's opening up a whole new world of French crafts and crochet. If any of you know any French speakers who may be interested, please do tell them about it. And if you know of any cool French crochet patterns, please let me know and I'll put a link up on the Crochetons! blog.

4 comments:

  1. The carrot looks great! So funny, I would love that one! I wish, I could speak a little french, but I almost forgot everything, what I´ve learned in school.
    Have a nice week! Barbina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barbina!
    I learnt German in school too but I'm not very good at speaking it. I do like that your blog is in both languages - it's helping me to remember:)
    aishakenza xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of them, thanks very much. Hope your move goes well

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY cute! Just stumbled upon your blog, and I'll definitely be checking in again. Keep up the good work! c:
    ~Dai

    ReplyDelete