Monday 12 December 2011

Thoughts about starting and finishing





Hmmm... I just realised I had another photo of my beloved pouffes and armrest cover that I hadn't shown to you, and as I didn't really know how to illustrate this post, here they are.


Other than that, I've been having a thoughtful day today. 


My favourite thing is starting wonderful new crochet projects.  I love doing it so much that I start many, many, many new crochet projects. I get all excited about some new crochet pattern that I find, or an idea that I have.


Just today a friend talked about name labels to put on her childen's Christmas stockings, and as I walked home I was having lots of ideas about the different ways of making such labels, the best material to use, whether embroidering the letters would be best, or if it would be better to make them from felt. It did make the walk home enjoyable and quick, but I did decided I should give myself a talking to.


Much as I love to start things, my friend didn't even ask me to make any labels! We were just chatting about it. Luckily I didn't offer to make them either. But before I got home I did realise that I must, must, must try to finish things off before I start on something new!


This is easier said than done. Since we moved house I've started... at least four new projects. They are all sitting half-done in my Work in Progress bag. In that WIP bag there are:
  • One pair of gloves
  • One granny ripple blanket
  • One decorative curtain thingy
  • and two robin decorations
The robin decorations are nearly finished. They'll be going to a new home very soon. But the other things are moving  v e r y   s l o w l y .


To get some inspiration, I looked back again at this page where I wrote my last list of WIPs, and here it is again with some notes
  • the second pouffe cover (finished!)
  • lip balm holders (finished!)
  • a yet-to-be-named amigurumi (half-made and wherever did I put it?)
  • a snake finger puppet (not started)
  • a pastel drawstring bag (finished!)
  • a felt house door-stop (not started)
  • a felt bag keyring (three-quarters made and wherever did I put it?)
So I suppose there is progress. I did manage to finish three out of seven projects. 

Please tell me I'm not the only one with such a list of unfinished projects.  What do you have in your WIP bag?

4 comments:

  1. Hello! Please visit my blog! I have something for you! Have a wonderful weekend! Barbina

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, it is very nice.pls send me the sofa rest pattern

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete